At Living Clean, we’re always looking for ways to improve our environmental credentials. We were the first cleaning company in Norfolk to use exclusively eco-friendly cleaning products. And this year, and every year afterwards, we intend to have Net Zero carbon emissions.
What does Net Zero mean?
For a company to have net zero emissions, all carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions caused by its activity must be absorbed or offset by other activities.
What we’ve already done:
- Living Clean only uses 100% environmentally friendly products, but our cleaners still need to travel to work. We’ve upgraded our fleet of vehicles to electric or hybrid - massively reducing our emissions footprint.
- We’ve installed a biomass boiler at our head office, so we won’t be burning natural gas to supply our heating.
- All paper used by the company is now recycled.
- We only use suppliers who meet the ISO 14001 environmental management standard.
What we are doing in 2022:
The final few steps to meet our Net Zero goal will be taken in the early part of 2022:
- We’re installing solar panels and electric charge points so that our fleet of electric and hybrid cars can be charged from guaranteed renewable energy.
- We’ve also arranged for all of our cleaning products to be supplied in an eco refill bottle saving 90% of our plastic waste. Staff will be fully trained on the new refill system.
- We’re working out ways to go fully paperless by 2023.
We are a local cleaning company with strong community ties that wants to have impeccable green credentials. Nobody is forcing us to make these changes: we set ourselves the goal of achieving Net Zero because we believe it is the right thing to do for the planet. If you are looking for a cleaning company that shares your views about saving the environment, call 01603 405551 and arrange a contract today.